View Single Post
Old 14th April 2009, 17:59   #275  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Yeah, madVR does currently not detect when you move the media player window to another monitor. Will need to add that..
@Madshi: yeah, and I was soooooooo happy about the fact that madVR can be moved around just like a simple GUI application.

Thing is to achieve somehow a "soft" reinitialisation of the renderer in the event of posting to a different monitor. Even HR has a noticable lag when you move the window, where video disappears for a second or so. Same with VMR9. madVR is the only one amongst usable renderers which doesn't do this and this is a definate bonus.

Please note that there's also a partial case, when half of the video is shown on one monitor, half on another In such cases, haali and VMR9 still output as normal and call for reinitialisation when about 2/3 of the video enters to a different monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I've always been convinced that tearing was due to some bad BIOS design/user misconfiguration...mostly the video data is not copied fast enough from the northbridge I think.

anyway, I've tried numerous mobos/graphic cards...never had any tearing on XP or Vista.

a little while ago, a guy posted all his BIOS settings on the Reclock forum....I gave him a few hints and the tearing he had in HR apparently went away
Wheeeeeeee! So I'm not the only person in the world who thinks that "tearing" etc is most overrated issue in video ever I had 7600 and 7900, on completely different systems, on old Athlon and much newer E8500, on XP and on XP64, and yet to see any tearing on video whatsoever

Last edited by Egh; 14th April 2009 at 18:04.
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote