View Single Post
Old 4th January 2012, 09:50   #116  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtm View Post
That can be done too. My thinking for the second option to always round down the start delay you would never have an extra frame added to the rounding. Also for always rounding up the end delay you would make sure you'd never lose a frame due to the rounding. Though, I figure 1 frame isn't going to make a huge difference when it comes to maintaining video sync I would guess. As I said, I'm open to anyone's ideas. The issue is just making sure there is consistency between how rounding occurs when doing unit conversion in the UI and how the start/end frame rounding happens when the target info is calculated.
iMHO the priority should be to make the editing more accurate possible... if you do only one edit 32 ms are nothing but if you do multiple editing they can in some case accumulate if you don't stay everytime to adjust the timings of the editing with not fixed delay...
Naturally when and if you will implement a intrack multiple editing you can consider this and automatically fix the following delays (add/remove the previous not fixed delay to the edit point and to the delay)... but even there i think that precision should be the priority... because if you edit in track sometime the silent space where you insert silence is small.. so more accurate it is less risk there are to insert the silence in not silenced points...
naturally this is what is best for my use of the program.. but i can't see the advantage of always round up...

Last edited by phate89; 4th January 2012 at 10:01.
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote