View Single Post
Old 14th April 2009, 23:35   #13  |  Link
scott1256ca

Pardon my confusion:
For the first time i tried to burn a bd-5 (dvd 5, whatever you want to call it) using imgburn. I wanted to play back on my ps3. I converted my file using tsmuxer 1.8.35 selecting blu-ray output (not AVCHD). I used UDF2.50 in imgburn. The ps3 says the disc is a data disc, not a BD.
File root should be
<drive>\BDMV
<drive>\CERTIFICATE

The m2ts file will play on the ps3.
The movie (if I create with AVCHD to USB drive and split @ 4G) will play on the ps3.
The movie seems to play and is recognized as a BD using powerdvd.
I tried to follow instructions from bitburners (of course the url won't load at all for me right now, so I can't check).

I have, in the recent past created many images which play fine as AVCHD off of a USB drive. So I am comfortable with that.
ps3 is firmware 2.60
So, anything I obviously missed? Do you have to convert to AVCHD to play on the ps3? I can't really tell from the above, but it looks like I should be able to play the disc if i use tsmuxer 1.8.34 (I used .35) and created a BD disk. Is that correct? Since the mt2s plays fine on the ps3, and I can create an AVCHD which plays ok from the same encode, I don't think it should be the x264 settings I used (which are within profile 4.1). The encode is 1280x720, but I don't think that should be a problem.
Any other suggestions? I'd rather not burn 10 coasters trying to get the correct settings.

Thanks
scott1256ca is offline   Reply With Quote