View Single Post
Old 10th December 2011, 14:33   #18603  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Sorry but this time you're wrong I clearly remember at least one movie (because was so much pain in the a.. to play it with mpc-hc) with more than 2-3 playlists
One or two very short, maybe not 1 min short, but no more than 2-3 min because in one of the "cuts" there were scenes which were 2-3 min longer than in the other cut
You misunderstand.
A movie with multiple editions will have one playlist for every edition, one being, say, 90 minutes long, one being 92 minutes long, and one 95 minutes long (Theater, Extended, Directors). It does usually NOT have a playlist for the 2 extra minutes, and even if it did, why the hell would you want to watch the 2 extra minutes separately? You want to watch the 92 minute movie, not a 90 minute movie and 2 minutes extra.

Sure, discs also have many other playlists, but those 3 are the ones i might want to watch, i don't care about the playlists that contain the short trailers or other useless content, which is why i only want playlists of a certain length, for all i care could even be 20 minutes.

You sound like you're trying to play the m2ts files, and not the playlists - which is something *completely* different.