View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 16:50   #62  |  Link
Tappen

I'm worried that many people would use multi-selection just to load up a directory full of unrelated movies they want to OCR. The mess that happens when those problem characters are confused is almost impossible to sort out manually and you end up clearing the OCR database of a large number of matches for a bunch of movies. I could put up a dialog box asking if you want to treat all the files as sharing the same subtitle style and OCR dataset, but that's a question most people wouldn't understand.

Anyway, I think the reliability of the OCR is the best feature of SubExtractor, so I don't want to compromise it. I'll try to think of another way to solve this: one idea is to leave things as they stand but if I find, during OCR, that someone has matched 3 problem characters (alphabetic, not punctuation) in common with another movie I automatically pre-populate the OCR database with the rest of the matches from the other movie. That should cut down on the number of clicks needed per file by more than half.

Last edited by Tappen; 11th October 2011 at 16:57.
Tappen is offline   Reply With Quote