View Single Post
Old 10th January 2007, 06:29   #3  |  Link
DJMichaelAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
Get VLC. Install it and run it.
Go to File->Open network stream. Select the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS option and enter the third location you posted into the URL box. Then check the Stream/Save box (below in Advanced options) and hit the settings button.
Check the box next to File and the box next to Dump raw input. Use the browse button to choose a file to save to (manually add a .wmv extension when entering the filename).
Hit OK to clear all the dialogs and VLC should start doing its thing with the slider moving from left to right. When it gets to the end the slider should disappear and you should have a 2.42MB wmv file.
sweet! Dude, you're amazing....only one small catch. The file converted fine, and ends up playing in the VLC program alright (more or less - glitches a bit at beginning and end) but when I try to play the resulting 2.42MB wmv file in Windows Media Player (version 9.00.00.3349) there's no audio! I know my WMP isn't messed up, because it plays other .wmv files just fine. Any ideas? Thanks for getting me this far though - I'm grinning like an idiot now from ear to ear I'm so happy! Victory is in sight! *lol*
DJMichaelAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote