View Single Post
Old 7th January 2002, 15:47   #4  |  Link
gft

What you should say is, "I load my mpeg-2 video file as the video source" blah blah blah "my intended format is DVD."

Now I have a much better idea of what to tell you.

Mpeg-2 files are only acceptable as input in TMPGEnc if you have proper directshow filters installed. Have you tried playing your mpeg file in windows media player?

Anyhow, that is somewhat irrelevant to your situation. Because your destination is DVD (at least I'm assuming that because you mentioned DVD authoring software in your post) and your source file is mpeg-2, you should not have to reencode. The most you should have to do is remultiplex the video using File>MPEG Tools in TMPGEnc. Set the "Type" to "MPEG-2 Program (VBR)" and your video and audio input as your original mpeg2 file.
Which makes me wonder - perhaps your DVD authoring software is not accepting the mpeg file from your radeon because the audio is not an acceptable format. That is a possability, but I don't have any knowledge about how the radeon captures its audio.

mpeg-2 files (.mpg or .mpeg files with mpeg-2 format video) are acceptable in any dvd authoring program because DVD video is of the mpeg-2 format. You may end up having to demultiplex your video and audio, because DVD authoring programs end up remuxing them to the .vob format.

For further help, I suggest you check your DVD authoring program's manual THOROUGHLY and then take your problem to the DVD authoring forum.

I hope this helps,
gft
gft is offline   Reply With Quote