View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 18:41   #445  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
While I'm here I might as well ask a question: the program states it support TS as source, however I assume this is with several limitations. I tried a TS from my HDTV recorder (Humax iHDR-5050C) but AVCHDCoder only pops up an error that it cannot read the file ("Error reading file."). Probably due to the way the HDTV recorder stores its stuff in the TS file?
Yes, .ts files are supported in a limited way. If the source is OK the conversion works but many recorders create a file with strange audio delays. I also own the Humax recorder and it is very hard to get the file right. I get many sync problems if I demux the file or convert it with other applications. There is 1 application (forgot the name) that can regenerate a cleaner file from Humax iHDR-5050C source files. But even then it is tricky to get a perfect conversion.

Edit: It also depends what channel you record with the humax. Each channel is saved in slightly different format so for each channel another approach is needed. (Stupid cable company)

Last edited by twazerty; 10th May 2011 at 20:47.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote