View Single Post
Old 17th August 2010, 12:53   #48  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
For the broken seeking, i don't know.
If the duration is reported wrong, its a bug in libavformat itself, and would explain the broken seeking.
I can imagine this happening with files that were cut out of a big file. Are your samples out of a file that had the original length before, by any chance?
All six samples I posted are recorded "as is" from regular TV-channels (plus one 4:2:2 feed), either using Dreambox or DVBViewer. None of them are cut or treated in any way after recording. So they should be "run of the mill" TS files in that sense.

All are reported as zero-length in MPC-HC+LAVFsplitter 0.4, except the HD sample which is reported as over an hour long when it's actually just over a minute.

The slider does work on the HD sample, but is still wrong because it thinks the clip is much longer than it is, so yes, I'm pretty sure the slider will fix itself for all samples once the duration is corrected. Feel free to use my samples as you wish, if you want to pass some upstream to libavformat devs.

Gabest/Haali/Mediainfo all get the duration right, but Haali also gets other stuff (ie. aspect ratio) right more often than Gabest. Haali has a default setting set to scan 45000 TS packets, which seems to work well, but don't how relevant that is.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote