View Single Post
Old 16th August 2010, 23:06   #41  |  Link
Ger

This thread is very welcome news.

I've prepared a batch of 6 TS samples recorded from different Scandinavian DVB channels and one feed, highlighting a few issues. Not all issues are directly splitter related, but I thought I'd include everything for reference. May be useful.

In addition to the samples, there are some screenshots included from other players (VLC and DVBViewer) explaining what is correct and what is wrong.

There is also a text file with further explanations of common issues and of each individual sample, with results from my tests with various splitters/decoders/players.

Some bugs and missing features are also pointed out in the internal MPC-HC and ffdshow H264 DXVA decoders and the MPC-HC MPEG-2 decoder and DVB-subtitle renderer (and even a few issues in Haali splitter, VLC and DVBViewer). If other MPC-HC devs (or the project manager) wants to download the samples to look at these decoder/subtitle issues, please do so. I have not posted any of these issues (including the splitter issues) to the bug tracker yet (I just finished writing this up and recording samples today). So unless someone else have already posted these bugs with different samples, they are not there. I will try to add them there eventually, but I don't know yet when I'll have time for that. So feel free to grab the samples and/or add your own bug reports/tickets in the meantime.

All TS recordings seem to have one important issue in common with the new LAVFSplitter: The duration is wrong (example: the HD sample is reported as over an hour long, but is just over a minute in reality) and the MPC-HC slider doesn't work. Probably related issues.

Most other splitter issues are subtitle related, one is audio related, and there are some aspect ratio issues.

I haven't really tested the responsiveness (when skipping etc.) compared to Haali/Gabest splitters yet because of the freezing issues in v0.3, and the fact that the slider isn't working yet, so I'll save that for another day.

Sharebee 145 MB multipart rars: Part1 - Part2 - Part3
or
Megaupload single 340 MB file: TS-Samples-2010-08-18.rar

All LAVFSplitter tests are with version 0.3. BTW thanks for fixing the freeze issue in 0.4 which was admittedly a little annoying during the testing.

Anyway, good luck with the new splitter. Hopefully everything you need to know about the samples is explained in the screenshots and the text file. Feel free to ask if it isn't or if you need more samples/testing.

Edit: Didn't see Underground78's post when i posted, but it seems to address some of the same issues.

Edit2: Made a copy/paste mistake in the text file. The test results for the 4:2:2 sample was wrong (that particular sample is not splitter related or aspect ratio related - only a comparison of MPEG-2 decoders, if they support MPEG-2_422 or not). Fixed text file (only) here. Will also re-upload a full sample pack with the fixed text file, but it will take a few hours.

Edit3: Replaced the single rar zshare file with a multipart rar on Sharebee (fixed text included). Also a single file Megaupload alternative.

Last edited by Ger; 18th August 2010 at 17:27.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote