View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2019, 02:13   #7  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

John, the S_Exlogo() thing I did [ based on DeKafka() ], is purely blurring the logo [using data from spatially outside of the logo], but not the AvsInpaint.dll based scripts [as is this one],
however, S_Exlogo() is easy to set up and goes like the clappers, and so long as you are easily pleased, is quite good [a man on a galloping horse might not notice any remaining logo].

MC based delogo [as with mvtools] is doomed to failure, methinks.
[neural network stuff might at some future date be much better than today, but would likely be a somewhat unstable [although maybe less so if 3D neural networks],
ExInpaint [another dll] uses something along those lines [purely spatial, I think] and is a little temporally unstable but good for single frames (see the demo image in docs)]

EDIT: Think ExInpaint is using the "Exemplar-based image inpainting" in above link, seem to remember the word 'Exemplar' being used in the docs [and source for the plugin name].

from above VDX link
Quote:
Exemplar-based image inpainting attempts to automate the clone tool process. It fills "holes" in the image by searching for similar patches in a nearby source
region of the image, and copying the pixels from the most similar patch into the hole. By performing the fill at the patch level as opposed to the pixel level, the
algorithm reduces blurring artifacts caused by prior techniques.
EDIT:
Quote:
it was implemented and was called "msu" something.
MSU Subtitle and Logo Remover:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=95955
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger2005 View Post
Use this
Code:
global VDub = "C:\Programme\AviSynth 2.5\VDub\plugins"

LoadVirtualdubPlugin(VDub+"\MSU_DeLogo.vdf",       "_MSUDeLogo")
The open VirtualDub. Add to the filters the MSUDelogo-Filter. Tweak it, so it remove your Logo fine. Go to
FILE ->
SAVE PROCESSING SETTINGS...

and save them to a file. Open The file in a texteditor and look for line like this one:
Code:
VirtualDub.video.filters.Add("MSU Subtitle&Logo Remover");
VirtualDub.video.filters.instance[0].Config(0, 0);
Now copy allparameters in Config and use the to Call the Filter in Avisynth this way:
Code:
ConvertToRGB32._MSUDeLogo(0, 0)
I tried the filter but does not get good results with it. It is also very slow. Have you better results with this filter?
Many MSU Vdub filters do NOT export some of the settings, [described in code above as Config] and so cannot be used properley in Avisynth, [settings only exist when set up within VDub, and
cannot be saved and reused at a later date, even within VDub], dont know if MSU_Delogo is one of those which do not save ALL settings.

EDIT: Dont know/recall what method AvsInpaint dll is using [the one used by this script].

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd September 2019 at 03:14.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote