View Single Post
Old 12th August 2013, 01:58   #19826  |  Link
ThurstonX

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
you can use jinc 3 ar with an hd 4000

just set the cpu queue to 9-16 gpu to 9 (or to backbuffer +1) backbuffer to 8 don't use smoothmotion and don't use fullscreen exclusive mode and ofc don't use jinc 3 for chroma.

i didn't tryed it for 24hz +but u can try it.
Yep, as michkrol noted, unchecking "use separate device for presentation" did the trick. I'd forgotten about it, as I rarely use this laptop for video playback, but I use the same setting on it. And as you note, I was able to get Jinc 3+AR for Image Scaling, but I left the buffer settings at their defaults. And Smooth Motion is just fine, as is FSE. But yeah, Jinc 3 for Chroma just dogged it, and made no sense.

Soft Cubic still rules for crappy encodes, esp. things like VCR captures and ancient AVIs. But Jinc 3+AR is da bomb for better quality videos.

I played back a DVD rip that's 23.976 fps using Soft Cubic 70+AR and Jinc 3+AR. Smooth Motion activated, and it was all glorious.

I'm still mucking about with Chroma settings, but without getting into a detailed method of comparison, just viewing a few files and changing them, I can't tell much difference. Soft Cubic 70+AR seems just fine.

Anyway, thanks for all the help

Last edited by ThurstonX; 12th August 2013 at 02:02.
ThurstonX is offline   Reply With Quote