View Single Post
Old 12th April 2009, 23:33   #201  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice25 View Post
CPU usage is still very high when i use the secondary display for madVR, but according to the stats it's detecting the refresh rate from the primary screen while i'm using the secondary display. So i guess refresh detection for secondary display is bugged atm, cpu usage should be fixed once you get around fixing that.
Too bad, I had hoped that was fixed. Can't properly test it cause I don't have a secondary display at the moment. So I guess the fix will have to wait a while...
@Madshi: bit late but better than never

fix reports
a) overall CPU consumption is reduced on primary and I think for SD content at least the difference between HR and madVR is negligible.
b). madVR properly reports that 10bit buffers are not available and engages 8bit buffers, and weirdly enough, no crashes or silent quits after than, video plays as normal

bug confirmation reports

although the CPU consumption is down in total, still secondary monitor maxes one of the cores.
Interesting enough, now with OSD I can tell that avrg present wait is actually about 3 times lower on the secondary monitor
Still one of the cores is on maximum.
As for the rest of parameters, I cannot see any substantial difference in times for any of the other parameters on two monitors. I even used ctrl+j twice, but all the numbers are nearly same whilst CPU usage is dramatically different.

2. Monitor refresh rate is not updated if you move to a different monitor. I think btw Beliyaal fixed that issue with EVRCP at some point, but that code is not in SVN yet (may be mistaken)
important: retested the issue, madVR uses refresh rate not as of PRIMARY monitor per se, but the rate of the monitor the mpchc window was started on!!! (in simpler words, if I start mpchc on the secondary monitor it will use its refresh rate). Note that your code is the best so far when moving the window to a different monitor, as other renderers may have a small pause or blank screen displayed for a while when you move a window. Moving window with madVR is same as moving any normal application.

Last edited by Egh; 12th April 2009 at 23:35.
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote