View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 20:24   #35  |  Link
Didée

Glad if I managed to entertain you with handdrawn art. - See, I had only a few minutes during lunchbreak.

-Vit-: That's almost as good as "there is no energy crisis. My current comes right out of the wall socket!"

Within the limits of what MVTools' filters are doing, the metric usage is sufficient.

But there are cases where the plugin is producing bad junk. (Funny deformations, or exzessive blending). MVTools can not produce anything senseful for certain areas.

Now, IF you had an idea how to produce some senseful interpolation nonetheless, then you cannot use it, because you can NOT locate the problem area from the script level.

Don't mistake that with the motion blurring you have in QTGMC. That one is not nearly as critical. You start with discrete target locations, and the area affected by motion blurring naturally will be located rather close to those discrete target areas. This is a luxury you don't have when doing a "free" interpolation. In particular when there is some "large" movement (would be a "long" vector) that MAnalyse completely misses, then you can do nothing. You just can't locate the affected areas.

Sorry if I disturbed the highly interesting discussion about wrapping MVTools documented examples in a function. Perhaps this isn't the place anymore to look for fresh ideas and ingeniosity.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote