View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 07:57   #25  |  Link
SubJunk

InterFrame 1.5 is released!
The changes are:
- Improved the quality of the default, Fast and Placebo presets
- It now checks for the existence of the mandatory value for FlowPath and displays an alert if it isn't defined
- Added the GPU parameter (true for GPU-acceleration, false for CPU-only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metanat View Post
I have watched around 15 movies that have used various versions of this script, including the latest version. The script has continually improved, to the point that now it is a must have for movie watching. After some initial adjusting to the different feel it gives the movie, you might find, as I have, that it makes a massive difference to the watching experience, creating a silky real-life smoothness that you just don't get without it. Watching regular framed movies now makes them feel jittery, and leaves me wishing they were converted with InterFrame.

Looking forward to more improvements SubJunk, keep up the awesome work!
Wow, that's such an encouraging post. Thanks a lot and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post
I had a quick look at the SVP MVTools mod but didn't notice it used a SAD mask. Interesting. It's a shame that it only provides GPU acceleration for flow (MSmoothFps ). Would have thought that MAnalyse was the function to accelerate, but that would be much more difficult to do...
Yeah the sadml parameter is really useful, it fills a gap that was always there.
In InterFrame it's used lightly, because the blur effect looks strange when it's too strong (with each frame changing from sharp to blurry it's a weird strobing-blur effect).
It is an especially useful parameter for when the background is passing by quickly while something small is relatively unmoving on the screen. Without sadml the unmoving thing bounces around like crazy, but with even a light sadml like 150 it stabilises significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
How should that work for Flow Interpolation? Trying to do this manually at the script level, there is a problem...
A vector is a path from point A to point B. MMask shows the block metric at the end point of the vector. It would be needed to have the mask located at a point somewhere inbetween, at a fraction of the vector's length. This is not available. And manual compensation of the mask is not possible either, because the mask is located at the end point of the vector, and you can only compensate in the vector direction start->end.
It's similar to the masking technique used in YFRC, but it is done at the plugin level, not the script level.
If you would like to see how it's done, you can download the sources here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
The thing is my card is an HD 5800 series card and does have OpenCL, not sure if it has 1.1 though. Using the 11.4 preview drivers also, maybe that has something to do with it.
I have added the new parameter "GPU" for you and other users with incompatible video cards.
So just use something like:
InterFrame(GPU=false, FlowPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\")
Please let me know if it works for you
SubJunk is offline   Reply With Quote