View Single Post
Old 1st April 2009, 17:00   #1821  |  Link
herrde

Quote:
I used uncropMKV for the first time (1920x1080) and burn a disk with multiAVCHD and all worked fine both in the Samsung and the PS3 except... in the samsung there is a (small) flicker on the top and bottom of the screen right in the border of the black bars and the movie image itself.
I experienced a similar issue with my last couple of movies, but it's not uncropMKV-related, it must have something to do with tsmuxer OR the PS3, I believe - but maybe I'm wrong...

When I process a non-compliant resolution MKV in AVCHD/BD mode, burn the output to BD-R and play it back on my LCD TV with my PS3, I get a very fine and quite short horizontal green line on the left side of the screen between the actual movie and the big black bottom bar. That line is only a couple of cm long; it doesn't stretch all over the screen. The color reminds me of the Green which all PS3 owners saw before deank found a method of turning the big green bottom bar to black whenever a non-compliant resolution file was processed and played back in BD mode.

It's not that annoying as you can only see it in a dark movie scene and only when you really pay attention, but... it's there...

Best,

Gero
herrde is offline   Reply With Quote