View Single Post
Old 17th December 2015, 17:11   #34713  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i tested now quicksync, dxva native (AMD) and software. all output 23p flagged as 29p.

there is no repeated frame in the stream and no waved either.
I'm not sure I agree with you on all those test cases / permutations. If what you're saying is true there would be no 3:2 pattern for madVR to see (after enabling deinterlacing with forced film mode turned on).
It would see a 2:2 pattern due to the progressive content. Using quicksync HW decoding it definitely finds a 2:2 pattern, which is not what it finds using software (avcodec). Further, the IVTC algorithm wouldn't get confused and pass combed frames if it was being fed progressive frames.

Quote:
correct but why is VFR and missing all stream flags except range and interlaced?

adding FPS=23 should be an ok workaround for now for soft telecine DVDs. it would be nice if the source filter will do this by default with a disc that has clear flags like these:
Regardless, you currently can't play it back correctly at 24/1.001Hz unless you enable deinterlacing and forced film mode (IVTC) in madVR. And, the IVTC detection pukes twice in this scene.

Last edited by Stereodude; 17th December 2015 at 17:13.
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote