View Single Post
Old 17th December 2015, 13:51   #34708  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
And your point? Not all DVDs are flagged correctly, or will indicate to the decoder and madVR what they really are.

No, it isn't. You can't get proper 24p playback of the original DVD without forcing deinterlacing = on and film mode because madVR gets told it's got a framerate of 29.97. Sure, if you process the video stream to remove the soft pulldown flag and were to remux it into a mkv or something where the stream is marked as progressive then it will playback fine, but I'm talking about playing back the DVD as is.
feel free to step through each frame IVTC isn't needed for this file.
not sure if madVR is ignoring repeate flags or things like this but the IVTC algo still sees the 3:2 pattern that's not present when deinterlaced or played progressive.
the output is already 23p the "only" issue is that madVR isn't switching to 23p and stays at 60 hz because source filter says it is 29p.

don't get me wrong madVR IVTC shouldn't fail in this case but this file is not a typical DVD. i guess the muxer did something to it but this is just a guess.

there are still bugs with this sample SM is not working properly it is triggered at 23 hz.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote