View Single Post
Old 24th January 2011, 15:18   #29  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Read my post you just quoted. The pio 218 is made by QSI (Quantum Storage Inc), while the pio 112 was still manufactured by pioneer.
Yeah, you're correct. Sorry about that. I skimmed your post and foolishly assumed you hadn't totally gone off on another tangent and you were just comparing the two burns as your red herring offering of the day. My mistake.
Yes, I was aware the manufacturer had changed, although I couldn't have told you who made which.

Quote:
So I assume you don't know what you're talking about but still continue to futilely stir the waters ....
You've got to give up on so much assuming, it keeps getting you into trouble. It doesn't matter if I burn a printable disc with a 212 or a 218 (in fact I've burned a whole bunch of them using both burners today) it's not the burner which makes the difference, it's the type of disc. I'll repeat it again for you.... I always get slightly better quality burns using the standard discs than I do using the printable types. I always have.
I mentioned it a few posts ago..... the one where I posted the screen shots. Sorry if my posting them has stirred your muddy waters of misinformation again.

Quote:
It may be that the Verbatims were from different batches, however 6 months is not a big leap in time, it may be that you bought the second batch from the same container. Try find an original Verbatim, ie one bearing the MKM code (unfalsified, of course). Also 6 months is nothing, if one needs a backup, then probably 10 years are a must.
Err.... hello?? They're different types of discs. Printable v non-printable. Did I mention that? What a mistake posting two burn quality tests was..... it's let you spot several different red herrings leading you down several different garden paths.

Can we maybe just look at one of the burn quality tests I posted (you can pick) and get back on topic? Is it a good quality burn or not, and where's the deterioration in Verbatim's disc quality you mentioned? You asked me to post a burn test to prove it hasn't, and there it is.

I'll eagerly await the screen shots of the perfect burns you made back in the good old days when you could buy all sorts of things with a penny, and I imagine they'd pretty much have to be perfect burns to be better quality than my recent ones. You can even compare like-discs, assuming printers had been invented when you were burning perfect discs and Verbatim were making printable blanks. If not, you've got a standard disc for comparison, that's why I posted two quality tests....
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote