Thread: Peach Smoother
View Single Post
Old 25th October 2002, 09:11   #1  |  Link
High Speed Dubb

Peach Smoother

Here is “Peach Smoother.” It is dedicated to an especially yummy peach I had a few weeks back.

http://students.washington.edu/ldubb...chSmoother.zip

This is meant as a pure “does it crash” build. This is my first AVISynth plug-in, so I’d like to make sure that I haven’t done anything truly screwy.

Being a stability test, I haven’t enabled any options or included any documentation. To run it, the command is
PeachSmoother()

Basically, the Peach works by looking for good pixels and gathering orange smoke from them. When it has gathered enough orange smoke, it sprinkles that onto the bad pixels, making them better. When the Peach is seeing lots of good pixels, it gets so happy that a small green dot appears in the upper left corner of the image.

Um... Well, I’ll write real documentation once I’m sure it isn’t just crashing people’s computers.

PS: The link has been edited to point to the most recent version. (I noticed that version 0.9a was getting more new downloads than 0.9h)

PPS: Note that this requires SSE instructions (from a Pentium 3, Athlon, Celeron beginning with the Tualatins (~1.2 GHz), or anything more recent).

Last edited by High Speed Dubb; 2nd November 2002 at 06:52.
High Speed Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote