View Single Post
Old 15th February 2018, 10:00   #49007  |  Link
steakhutzeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
If you encounter interlaced content frequently then I would select if in doubt activate. There is no "movie one" there is film and video.. if you have it on film it's not deinterlacing!

In most cases deinterlacing being turned on when with progressive content won't have any negative effects. Don't enable 'disable automatic source type detection' So it's only top and bottom boxes ticked only.

Scan type info like I said is in properties. Generally right click -> Properties or wherever your media player stores current file loaded properties. It's easy to see if a file is interlaced generally as there are combing artifacts visible throughout the entire frame.

You just want to achieve as little dropped/repeated frames as possible, if Smooth Motion gets you there and you're happy with the results just leave it selected and you don't have to worry.
Yes, madVR still displays 'frame dropped every' but it's no longer relevant.
>> So if I enable forced film mode, deinterlacing will never go active? Even if I select 'if in doubt activate?

With dvd discs, if I use film mode I've no frame dropped, so this forcing, and its IVTC operate like deinterlacing? What's different? Because the result is the same (0 frame dropped).

>> "Don't enable 'disable automatic source type detection' So it's only top and bottom boxes ticked only."

So I should re enable the automatic source type detection?
What are these top and bottom options I should enable?

>> I should enable s. motion with what option? There are three boxes I can active.

I don't understand how can '1 frame dropped every' became non relevant, what this means? Because with or without it I can see that the total of dropped f. is still 0. Uhm, because of the blended frames [emoji848]. But question remains, if is the result I need to look at, the result is total dropped frame 0, with and without S. Motion, so why enable/need it?

EDIT: My error, it doest says 1 frame dropped every... but 1 frame repeated every.

So where I can found the total of repeated frames?

Last edited by steakhutzeee; 15th February 2018 at 18:33.
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote