View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 15:53   #231  |  Link
FoLLgoTT
And so it begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Very cool! Which license do these pictures come with? Would it be legal to include them in madVR somehow?
I guess you have to ask Peter Finzel. I don't know under which license the pictures are published.

Quote:
Which scaling algorithms would you like to have? The same used for luma scaling? Or a subset?
For my part Lanczos would be enough as an extra option. But the algorithms are already there so maybe it could be useful to choose between all available.

Quote:
Well, madVR 0.4 now does Lanczos8. Personally, I think the difference between Lanczos3 and Lanczos4 is bigger than the difference between Lanczos8 and Lanczos4. So I think Lanczos8 should be virtually identical to Lanczos10.
I agree. The difference between Lanczos8 and 10 is very little.

Quote:
I don't agree.
I'm really interested, because I never saw it outside of test patterns yet. All I noticed was an amplification of the inherent EE of the disc, because of the algorithm's better frequency response.

Do you have DVD examples on which additional ringing is visible in a movie? I mean scenes inside the movie and not the fonts at the ending? If this discussion is too off topic I would be thankful for a short PM.
FoLLgoTT is offline   Reply With Quote