View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 07:00   #56689  |  Link
VAMET
UTAVATU

Dear Friends

I have found a problem, why there is no Bitstreaming just Multichannel PCM. It was not a problem with Fullscreen Exclusive Mode/Fullscreen Windowed Mode. The problem is related with madVR 0.92.17 with display modes. If I have empty field "list all display modes madVR may switch to:" and I play any movie I have got DTS:X, Dolby Atmos etc., but when I enter for example: 2160p23, 1080p23 etc. and when I launch movie file and there is a change from for example: 2160p30 to 2160p23 or 1080p60 to 2160p23, I have got Multichannel PCM instead of Bitstreaming.

It's always during changing of display modes. There are two audio devices in hardware of Lenovo Ideapad 320: Intel HD Audio (HDMI to AV Received up to 7.1 with Dolby Atmos) and Realtek HD Audio (for notebook speakers only Stereo 2.0). After display change is made by madVR, something is going wrong, because LAV Audio lists Realtek HD Audio, but sound is going thru AV Receiver not notebook speakers. When I disable Relatek HD Audio in Windows Hardware Manager and leave only Intel HD Audio and then I play movie, LAV Audio shows errors and there is no sound only video. When I disable display modes in madVR by not entering any values, there is no problem at all.

I don't have idea, why this is happen and if the problem is with audio hardware Intel HD or Relatek HD or madVR, LAV Audio or other not mentioned.

Do you have any idea, what is the problem and how to solve it? Of course I can manualy change to 2160p23 and then play movies which are 23.976, but I would like to use madVR's display modes.

Sincerely

ALLEGRO BLOG FACEBOOK

Last edited by VAMET; 25th June 2019 at 07:04.
VAMET is offline   Reply With Quote