View Single Post
Old 20th July 2015, 14:20   #7952  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
It still sounds like you're going about it the wrong way.
Man, good thing I wasn't driving a motor vehicle. Honestly, it really made sense in my head, as sad as that seems . Anyway, thanks again for the kind help, hello_hello, it's now clear. And I'll edit my templates, thus eliminating at least one way to embarrass myself in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
PS. I kind of tried your script on the sample, but I don't have all the required plugins and I was getting a few errors which would have taken some time to sort out (things like a missing function in a script which probably require an additional plugin to fix), so I deleted Stab() and fiddled with a few things to make it work, but I think I saw the gist of it. It definitely looks better than the original video which is fairly horrible. I forgot you were probably working with animation. No nasty artefacts from using QTGMC on it yet?
I thought (ha ha ha) that this was only the case for using QTGMC to deinterlace animation? The QTGMC here is being used in progressive mode to reduce the shimmering, after the deinterlacing-field matching-decimating and doubled-line fixing (I get about 7% of the credit for the script, mostly the neatness ). I've not noticed any artifacts yet, but I've only watched two episodes in their entirety so there might be some yet. Given how impressively QTGMC reduces the shimmering, I'd happily live with the occasional blip (which given the source's low quality might not even be QTGMC's fault).
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote