View Single Post
Old 28th September 2010, 11:41   #12531  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I'm a noob at deinterlacing, but YADIF always gives me tons of combing...I was trying it on a 29.97fps NTSC source yesterday, and bingo still a combo feast. It works wonderfully in double frame rate mode, though...but it's not too handy in 89.91Hz.

One thing I've never understood about double frame rate deinterlacing is that it looks like frame interpolation...It really looks as if I were watching a 59.94fps source, when it should actually be 29.97*2

A friend of mine is completely hooked to 1080i*2 on his projector, he finds the picture WAY smoother.
First, please do not parrot your feature request/bug fixes/whatever each time you have the chance. It's annoying, and this is not the first time I tell you this.

Second, you should really learn what interlaced video is. If you have 29,97fps pure interlaced content you have 59,94fps of temporal information there. Outputting 29,97fps is an abortion, but needed in some cases. That's why deinterlacers have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
Remove it. It is hard to maintain.
OK. What about theora? It hasn't been included in the installer for quite some time, why is still there?
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 28th September 2010 at 11:52.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote