Thread: tiya3dd
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2002, 20:33   #6  |  Link
Marc FD
XviD fan

>i'd rate as relatively fast for a vdub spatial filter,

do you think it's faster than a (any) 3d convolution ? (with the minimal radius : 3x3)

i dunno why, for me tiya3dd is as fast as VDub's 2dcleaner (K7 opt. radius 1 -> 3x3).

>and, will there be a yuy2 version of tiya3d? ^__^

i don't think. ConvertToYV12().tiya3d().ConvertToYUY2() will be faster, because it's exactly what i would do internally if i implement YUY2 in this filter. that's why yuy2 will never be implemented. (BTW, when you do filtering, what's bad to switch to YV12 ? it'll make encoding/playback faster anyway)

>are you going to develop s3dc anymore?

i dunno at all.

in a hand, i like the s3dc concept, because it's much more aggressive, (so better for anime) and i could make it hell fast. (i didn't tried, but that should be something... fast enough to make direct filtering faster)

on the other hand, it seems nobody will use it.

when i saw i could make a full 3d convolution 4x faster than the existing filter (i mean, tiya3dd().tiya3dd().tiya3dd().tiya3dd() is as fast as a single c3d call on my computer) i thought it may be interressing.

but it seems my computer is strange, or the concolution3d i downloaded is much slower than all others. i dunno at all.

when i think of it, i had a fun idea, i'm almost sure i could do 125-point (5x5x5) 3d convolution with a ridiculous speed penalty.
no.... more funny : maybe even faster than tiya3dd, depending on cpu/ram balance. .
and when i say ridiculous speed penality, i mean that with this indirect approach, it _may_ (it's just possible) achieve, in streaming, a 729 point (9x9x9) 3d convolution with the same kind of speed than c3d. (it's 27x more checkpoints, but who cares...)

but that's only quick estimates, and since nobody seems to like speed... even when quality is the same...

i sometimes wonder why i try to code fast stuff.....
it was fun anyway.

slowly,
MarcFD

Last edited by Marc FD; 10th December 2002 at 20:39.
Marc FD is offline   Reply With Quote