View Single Post
Old 5th January 2012, 20:35   #398  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by egur View Post
This is very odd. How do you they use DXVA?
BTW, with frame copying the resolution and frame rate is what makes the difference, not the bitrate.

Well, you know the last 1% is always the hardest...

On another matter, I'll release another update in a few days. There's a small bug related to multi threading. Afterwards, I want to really optimize the multithreaded path.
When this is done, it's time to put the video processing in.
Yep that could maybe explain why it crashes very strangely @ a 720p 50 fps clip Microsofts 2011 Build Keynote and inside TMT5 it gets totally unsync :P

with higher res 1080p it works outside but i get 15 fps for a 30 fps clip and im pretty sure those are no parser issues

anyways here is a QFHD sample (Mainconcept) http://115.com/file/be83t4l4# it's heavier then the Life in the Garden 4K Bitrate wise

this really pressures Quicksync heavily and it gives it a run for its money also it seems Lav Video Quicksync Performed a tad better then ffdshow-quicksync but mostly performance is the same with audio brake ups and fps brakes, when changing to Software Decoding its flawless so im pretty sure Quicksync Decoded it (and IO was also no issue). Though i guess it doesn't even have todo with the Decoder but the Memory Copy i guess the Hardware would be capable of playing this flawless ?.
Trying some of the DXVA decoder on it

Nope DXVA fails as others already said or it falls back to Software Decoding

QFHD 50Mbps H 5.1

Lav Video

Lav Video Quicksync

So for now with this performance i would make the suggestion to fallback to Software (Libav) for these complexities though with the 4K youtube it has less problems so it wont be enough to just decide this based on resolution i guess

Lav Video Quicksync "Youtube 4K" H 5.1 Max 19.4 Mbps

So that runs rather ok but seeing those spikes i guess that's where the bitrate shoots higher and indeed the Quicksync Decoder gets problems to cope with that Bitrate Spikes + Resolution it seems. So if that starts here already it's no wonder it's dying with the QFHD sample though lets analyse the GPU MFX pressure (that's where it would be nice to have it directly in the OSD + Power consumption, craziest of course as another Realtime Graph )

So there are 2 possibilities

Either the Decoder cant cope with the bitrate (most probably) or the +~6 fps are enough pressure on the copy side to cause the playback to endup like this (doubtful)

And so in the first case no DXVA would help here and Sandy Bridge would only be able to play very restricted 4K @ all (even youtube looks slightly to much for it )

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 5th January 2012 at 22:10.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote