View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2007, 16:51   #216  |  Link
xkodi

@madshi

finally, i've managed to mux correctly standart MLP files (homemade, so with known format) into EVOB container.

i've made small program, that reads the EVOB blocks from the 'V for Vendetta' TrueHD EVO file and then leaves the EVOB headers, but replaces the TrueHD data with the MLP data from my homemade MLP file and it works - 'Nero Audio Decoder 2' plays the newly created EVOB with the MLP track into it.

so i made very extended test with MLP streams with known format and it shows, that:

1) 'Nero Audio Decoder 2' always uses 24bit output, even when the source MLP stream is 16bit

2) when the source MLP stream is 16bit, 'Nero Audio Decoder 2' doesn't always decode least significant byte to zero, so it doesn't decode correctly (losslessly) when the input stream is 16bit

the source code and binary of the test mux program, plus all files using during the test and detailed descriptions are in the following archive (1.8MB):

http://rapidshare.com/files/38903695..._test.rar.html

so everyone of you can re-done the test and review it.

i'm awaiting to hear what you guys think about the test, but seems after all, 'Nero Audio Decoder 2' has a bug.

maybe someone of you will even extend the test with more conclusive samples.