View Single Post
Old 28th April 2012, 05:10   #11028  |  Link
coreying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBirkett View Post
Hey Atak_Snajpera, just wanted to quickly say thank you so much for the great work on RipBot264. I'm a huge fan!

I just have one question - is it possible to stop Windows (7 x64 Professional SP1) from going to sleep while it is running? I like it to sleep when it has finished, so ideally RipBot would prevent sleep while it was running, and then when it was finished Windows would sleep after the timeout set in Power Options. As an alternative, Windows sleep could be disabled and there could be a Sleep when finished checkbox next to the Shutdown when finished checkbox. Either would be awesome

Once again thank you very much for this great app, you're awesome. Donation on its way
I too would like to second this.

I registered here a few weeks ago to search this thread for "Sleep", and there have been numerous requests to have a "sleep when finished" option in addition to the "shutdown when finished" option. Other forum members have dismisssed this saying that windows already has a sleep timer which fulfills this requirement.

But those members must not understand that Windows sleep timers are based on User inactivity and not program inactivity.

Programs which spend long periods of time doing work without user activity (encoding software, media players etc) need to tell Windows not to sleep, and RipBot does not do this. Thus, as several people have pointed out now, if you've got your computer set to sleep in 15 minutes, the computer goes to sleep 15 minutes after you've clicked "Start" in Ripbot and walked away...

I personally do not mind which method is added to RipBot - whether it's the "sleep when finished" option, or whether RipBot starts telling Windows "not to sleep" until all the jobs in the queue have finished. Either way, I believe RipBot would be all the better for it if Atak_Snajpera could add one or the other - especially in this day and age of rising energy costs and various countries introducing "carbon taxes" etc.

Other than this missing feature, I'd like to say a huge thanks to Atak_Snajpera for all your work with RipBot, it's truly an excellent program. I'm especially excited to see that it's just been updated today and includes distributed encoding for MKVs now too.

Cheers
coreying is offline   Reply With Quote