View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:35   #21595  |  Link
sdancer75

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
To be honest, I'm not totally sure how good the AMD post-processing algorithms are. I don't think it makes sense to activate DXVA2 scaling just to get the post-processing. However, it would surely be possible to make the post-processing available as extra options. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, though. It depends on how good the AMD algorithms really are. Maybe someone else knows how they compare to e.g. AviSynth scripts? The DXVA processing definitely has one big disadvantage: It usually only works in NV12 = 8bit. I prefer to run my algorithms in 16bit.

In the long run madVR may give you alternative algorithms to what those AMD algorithms do, probably with higher quality (but slower performance).

Look at "madVR\developers\mvrInterfaces.h". If you know how to use e.g. VMR9, using madVR is not that much different. madVR supports many of the VMR9 interfaces, plus all those private ones listed in the mentioned header file. You can also look at e.g. MPC-HC or MPC-BE, which are open source projects supporting madVR.

Please read the "madVR\license.txt" carefully to see what is allowed and what is not allowed. Especially the paragraph "3RD PARTY SOFTWARE RESTRICTIONS" may be of interest to you.
Hi

Currently I am using vmr9 but in the mvrInterfaces.h I didn't see any interfaces that matches with the vmr9 renderer. I didn't even saw where I can connect window handle with this renderer. Another problem is when I am trying to use your interfaces I get compiling error that says I can not use this interface (I am not writing from my computer now so I don't remember the exactly error right now).

Regards
sdancer75 is offline   Reply With Quote