View Single Post
Old 15th February 2009, 14:20   #8251  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic144 View Post
I was curious as to why eac3to reported 47 chapters on a BD title (X-Files 2) when in fact standalone-player playback (and PowerDVD 8) offers only 27 - I started to poke around in BDInfo and BDedit.

BDInfo (0.5.2) reported the correct number of chapters (27) for playlist 00004.MPLS (playlist 00002.MPLS is a monolithic 1-chapter playlist of the same content by the looks of it, even though eac3to reports 47 chapters for it too)

Upon closer inspection, BDedit reveals that playlist 00004.MPLS has 46 of what it calls PlayListMarks. However, of those marks, only 27 are identified as having type "Entry-Mark" and these seem to tie up with actual chapter points, whereas the other PlayListMark types, which BDedit calls "Link Points", do not/should not feature in a chapter list.

Do you think this is right madshi? And can you/should you therefore exclude these "link point" types from your chapter lists??
Actually I'm already removing "link points" from the chapter list - if there is an "entry mark" somewhere afterwards. However, if there are "link points" after the last "entry mark" I'm not deleting these "link points". The reason for that is that at least one Blu-Ray had "entry marks" for the first half runtime of the movie and "link points" for the second half runtime of the movie.

Are those additional "link points" in X-Files 2 behind the last "entry point"? If not, I'd like to look into the problem. In that case please zip and upload the PLAYLIST and CLIPINF folders. Should only be a few KBs zipped.