View Single Post
Old 11th March 2003, 00:42   #1  |  Link
Xitrum

Get VTS Sectors in IFOUpdate Vs. IFOEdit

There seemed to be some differences between the Get VTS Sector in IFOEdit and Get VTS Sector in IFOUpdate! On some of the movies they seemed to agree with each other but on some of the movie they seemed not
Some of the movies, after re-authored and IFOUpdated, I used the get VTS buttons in IFOUpdate to correct the VTS sectors. After it went thru and did what it needed to do, I used IFOEdit to load the file again and used the Get VTS sector button again to confirm. For some of the movie, IFOEdit did not updated anything, but for some reason, there are some movies that IFOEdit update the VTSes again. I was puzzled, so I tried to load the new updated files in IFOUpdate again, so see if it agreed with what IFOEdit done. IFOUpdate then reversed what IFOEdit just did and fixed the VTSes the way it thinks is correct, and if I then put these thru IFOEdit again, then IFOEdit just reversed what IFOUpdate just did.

Does anybody knows why there are differences between IFOUpdate and IFOEdit in some of the movie when performing Get VTS sectors?
Which one is correct IFOEdit or IFOUpdate?
It seemed to me that the "Get VTS sectors" function in the latest version of IFOUpdate is more correct as the re-author movies seemed to be able to play on more standalone DVD player. Am I correct in saying that?