View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 16:55   #8797  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

I finally successfully upgraded from MeGUI Version 2855 (I think the last version to use avs4x26x.exe?) with SEt's MT AviSynth installed to the latest development server version because I wanted to check out pinterf's AviSynth+. My typical script was:

Code:
SetMemoryMax(2048)
SetMTMode(3,7)
LSMASH SOURCE INFORMATION HERE
SetMTMode(2)
SMDegrain(TR=X,ThSAD=XXX,RefineMotion=True,Plane=0,Chroma=False,Lsb=True,Lsb_Out=True)
F=DitherPost(Mode=-1)
S=F.FastLineDarkenMod()
D=MT_MakeDiff(S,F).Dither_Convert_8_To_16()
Dither_Add16(Last,D,Dif=True,U=2,V=2)
GradFun3(Radius=16,Lsb_In=True,Lsb=True)
### Preview Source OR Send 16-bit Output To x264 10-bit ###
# DitherPost()
Dither_Out()
and now is:

Code:
SetMemoryMax(2048)
LSMASH SOURCE INFORMATION HERE
SetFilterMTMode("Default_MT_Mode",2)
SMDegrain(TR=X,ThSAD=XXX,RefineMotion=True,Plane=0,Chroma=False,Lsb=True,Lsb_Out=True)
F=DitherPost(Mode=-1)
S=F.FastLineDarkenMod()
D=MT_MakeDiff(S,F).Dither_Convert_8_To_16()
Dither_Add16(Last,D,Dif=True,U=2,V=2)
GradFun3(Radius=16,Lsb_In=True,Lsb=True)
DitherPost()
Prefetch(8)
outputting 10-bit video.

I've a few questions:

1) With my old setup I had to end my scripts with "DitherPost()" to preview the video properly but "Dither_Out()" to encode the video properly; however, with the new setup using "DitherPost()" works to preview the video and to encode the video (this took a bit of trial-and-error to figure out). I'm curious why. Is it a change in syntax or some such?

2) After some testing, it seems the pinterf AviSynth+ setup is ~15% faster than the old SEt MT setup. Nice! However, before the change the SEt MT setup was utilizing very close to 100% of the CPU, whereas now the updated MeGUI using SEt's MT AviSynth is ~25% slower than the old SEt MT setup and only utilizes ~50% of the CPU. Does anyone think that tweaking the SEt's MT AviSynth settings on the new setup might result in faster encoding than pinterf's AviSynth+ on the new setup?

3) Is there a trick to loading YADIFMod2? I can use my old YADIF.dll (Version 1.7.0.0) without issue, but if I replace it with the updated YADIFMod2.dll I receive the message "Script error: There is no function named 'Yadif.'"

Thanks for any answers .
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote