Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 08:26   #298  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. I was thinking the same thing the other day. How do I know when it is done? I'll definitely put something in the next alpha to resolve that. Thanks for highlighting it, G_M_C.

I want to just point out to people that I have limited time for all this stuff; it's a hobby for me. That means I have to pick and choose and do the important stuff first. And I have to have fun doing it! So please be patient about functionality. I'm listening and I appreciate your ideas. But they may take a while to rise to the top of the priority list.

Right now, I want to get the DLLs eliminated so that I can trace/debug the decoder directly. That will be essential for implementing PAFF support.
I know that you're only doing this for a hobby; That's why i dont ask for miracles, or all knids of features. But I got the feeling you ported some code from DGMPGIndex, so i thought of the info-panel. And the only thing i ask for in that panel is the indicater that stetes the estimated time remaining / elapsed time, and the "FINISHED"

On the subject of the ported code; I noticed the ini's are (allmost) the same, and i have a question about that: Does changing the DCT to 5 (IEEE 1180) and the scale to 0 (TV scale) produce the disired effect (ie ouputting TV scaled IEEE1180) ?

PS: In the original ini they are on 6 (SSEMMX SKAL) and 1 (PC-scale).

Last edited by G_M_C; 23rd May 2007 at 10:52.