View Single Post
Old 13th March 2014, 13:05   #47  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I'll confess I don't quite get it. The first time you run the program a windows pops up with a message along the lines of "I can't find MKVToolNix and the world is about to end", but a window popping up after the program is opened enquiring where to find MKVToolNix is a bad idea...... I guess we'll never agree on that one.
The program has only 2 prerequisites, .NET framework and MKVToolnix. It can't do anything if those prerequisites aren't installed, so I think it is quite "honest" from the program to check for them at start up.

Quote:
For some reason when I replaced the old files with the new versions and ran the program, it didn't pick up the location of MKVToolNix from the existing ini file. No big deal really. I just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to change that in future versions.
That was unavoidable, since I changed the ini file format... Hopefully that won't happen again (at least, not soon )

Quote:
For some reason the Abort button doesn't seem to be where it ought to be. It's kind of "slid up" a bit, ie not in line with the AbortAll button. Maybe that's just when running on XP?
I never really tested it in XP, so it may indeed seem a bit out of place there. Care to post a screenshot?
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote