View Single Post
Old 26th March 2009, 02:24   #2199  |  Link
smnckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
This thread must becoming unusable to jdobbs now as there are so many new posters who are highlighting issues that have come up several times over it's 110 page history. You can't really blame people for not being able to find the information they require givens it's length. Are any of the moderators or helpers with this thread capable of creating a known issues sticky, or problem discs and then starting a new bug reporting thread?
Creating a known issues thread would be ideal BUT given the nature of a beta program it would be impossible to maintain as the features change with every new version and what was a bug/feature in one version may/will be corrected in the next.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that those who post questions and/or bug reports follow a set procedure of
  1. Provide proper documentation of their BD-RB configuration in their reports (BD-RB version number, copy of the .INF and .INI files)
  2. Try to give a precise description of the issue, preferably with a copy of the .LOG file
When assistance/suggestions is been received from other users of BD-RB or a new version released by jdobbs is shown to correct the issue, the Original Poster then goes back to his original post and edits the post, adding the necessary information describing how the issue was resolved.

When others - both experienced users and newbies - do a search, they would find the original question/report and the resolution.

Until and unless the forum software is fully threaded by post (like what you find in blogs) I seriously doubt that the moderators or any other person would be able to keep track of every single post and maintain or make it into an FAQ sticky easily.

This is my 2 cents and It is way off topic here. I return you know to your favorite program... BD-ReBuilder.

Maybe a ... Maybe not...
smnckl is offline   Reply With Quote