View Single Post
Old 21st June 2005, 08:22   #47  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Maybe you changed the way the errors are handled?
Yes I have. I changed the constructor of the preview a bit, and some other stuff that could relate to this. Because the video player is used so often I have not yet changed the way it is opened.. I plan to have an additional method that loads the video and that returns false if the video cannot loaded.. if that happens, the player will not be shown anymore.. I'm sure this will help in certain confusing scenarios where people think the video is okay even if they get an empty player. I will also change the error message to point people to opening the video in VDub as this seems to be the read test.. you can encode if it plays via DirectShow, getting the length and such will even work if I cannot get any frames, but only if you can properly open it via vfw will the video preview work.

Quote:
x264_encoder_open failed
failed should be recognized as an error and be reported back in the queue

@Ariakis: thank you for your reports.. just the level of details and work on your part that I need. Reports like this make it easy for me to get right started with the bugfixing

@lazyn00b: I'll check this out tonight.

@odyn1982: can you check posts by other people on this issue and confirm that it is the same options that are causing this problem? I can explain why it happens based on the commandline Ariakis has posted.. since --progress is not separated by the previous option, it is not taken into account.. and without --progress x264.exe doesn't send progress reports to the commandline and hence I have nothing for my own progress reports.