View Single Post
Old 31st March 2019, 00:54   #55591  |  Link
el Filou

Thanks for the check.
Update: After more tests I noticed it was somehow only happening in MediaPortal and not in MPC-HC, which is weird because there isn't even an NVIDIA app profile for it
Rolled back to 419.35 and it went away.
(Edit: I suspect it had something to do with the way madVR calculates the rendering times, as there is no way I could have 0 frame drops with the render time being constantly above frame time. Maybe a way the GPU flushes are handled by the application? (MediaPortal's GUI runs in Direct3D). Anyway, it is strange)

I use 32/16 for various reasons:
- my HTPC is old and I find having a longer render queue is more drop-proof if Windows/another app decides to hog resources in the background
- I watch DVB TV and sometimes there are signal breaks, and I have less stutter when that happens if I use longer queues.
- I still watch (PAL) DVDs from time to time and there is a bug that 'halves' the decode queue: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...13#post1832113
- I have the (V)RAM and I don't see how it would create an additional workload except when the queues are filling up obviously. More frames are just decoded/rendered ahead of time, but there isn't more total work?

Last edited by el Filou; 31st March 2019 at 01:33.
el Filou is offline   Reply With Quote