View Single Post
Old 7th June 2013, 00:49   #29  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Thanks for the plugin, davidhorman.
Interesting take on the fingerprint.

---
I've found a Windows program that can generate a favorable waveform, but it's only a matter of finding a decent way to normalize the audio.
It requires a physical WAV/MP3 file to work with and produces a PNG.

Depending what approach you take to normalize or level out the audio without it peaking, you'll get very different waveforms generated.
You can set the WxH dimensions for the PNG but if the audio peaks, the waveform will disappear off the picture.

Maybe use SoX to apply compand to each channel and then downmix to mono and normalize?
I want the lowest point of the wave form to not be at the center of the X-axis. About 1/3 to 1/2 would be nice to make it appear larger as a waveform.
And without it peaking beyond the given dimensions of the PNG frame.

I'll find the link to the Windows app. I believe there's a python extension for it or a PHP extension.
Also will post several examples of what I'm currently doing with the generated waveforms and video fingerprints.

ALSO, for full feature length films (much longer than trailers!), I got some error about nonlinear access?
I can't remember, but I just added it to the Keiyakusha/poisondeathray fingerprint script and it was able to handle full length films and allow seeking at any point in VirtualDub (quite a bit of time to load the whole project lol).

Updates and progress coming soon once I get things sorted.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote