View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 00:07   #37972  |  Link
CarlosCaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
It's difficult to make this configurable. Some users may share your opinion, others might not. If I added an option for this, it would be hard to understand for most users what the option means exactly.

Maybe you could activate supersampling (see image doubling section)? If you do that, upscaling refinement should work as expected. Of course this solution costs quite a bit of extra performance.
I was not asking for a new way option, only to be able to choose in such a small upscaling factor if i use a pre resizer or a pos resize filter same behavior as with bigger upsscaling factors... BTW madvr in some past version allowed that... but i respect your point... with all options avaliable can be hard and confusing to understand the behavior without reading and "studing" madvr functionality....
until v0.18 upscalling refinements was not active when set supersampling and upscaling 720 to 1360x768 neither if i set aways if upscaling is needed, i double checked in v0.18, i will try on v0.19 and report... but i already know that my hardware plus settings can ´t handle supersampling, i will tweak the settings and report
IMHOt is not the best way, this can be more confusing for some people, like happened to me, people can think that upscaling refinements activate with all upscaling factors... i waste sometime increasing the upscaling refinements strenght until understand that i was not seeing difference in image results because they not are activated...
but even with this the quality of my movies is spetacular and i only have to thank you madshi, sorry bother you with such as specific situation...

Last edited by CarlosCaco; 16th May 2016 at 02:11.
CarlosCaco is offline   Reply With Quote