View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:40   #7  |  Link
eslave

ffdshow usage

leeperry,

Please read the html document under "Script Usage"; look for "Input method". You should not need to rename or move any files to use fauxD within ffdshow.

Just un/comment one or two lines in the PROLOGUE section (see the "Method #X" comments), then paste 2 lines into ffdshow's avisynth config dialog (and enable it's checkbox):
Code:
import("d:\somepath\fauxD.AVS")  #extension doesn't really matter
return last  #(optional) just in case
After making these changes every file I open in MPC gets processed through fauxD (and anything else enabled in ffdshow's filter chain). Did you install ffdshow with avisynth support? I'm not sure if every build includes that capability, and I think the installer asks you as well.

If you really want both methods to be available at all times (without re-editing) you could make two copies of fauxD.avs - one for ffdshow and another for Drag&Drop/SendTo.

Be careful not to open fauxD.AVS with an ffdshow enabled application when ffdshow's internal avisynth is configured for fauxD. The application would attempt to fauxD() your content twice and either crash, throw an error, or run incredibly slowly.

Let me know if you still have difficulties.

edit1: Sorry, I've just re-read this post (with the benefit of sleep) and realized I should have consulted my reference first as the doc doesn't offer any real info in its present state. I'll need to update it soon.

edit2: New documentation posted 1/4/2009.

-eslave

Last edited by eslave; 4th January 2009 at 12:17. Reason: clarity/brevity
eslave is offline   Reply With Quote