View Single Post
Old 24th January 2013, 15:50   #17159  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Madshi, further on repeated frames, just been playing a PAL DVD @50Hz (50.0011Hz) with Videoclock. I was surprised to see 2 repeated frames in about 20 mins. Stats say 1 frame repeat every 15 mins even with 0.00001% clock deviation. Any thoughts why this would be?
The math is pretty simple: 50.0011Hz is 0.0011Hz too high. If you do the math, this results in 0.066 frame repeats per minute. Or one frame repeat every 15 minutes. If the clock deviation is pretty much zero, that's what it is. Try without Videoclock. It might actually result in less frame repeats. If the clock deviation is > 0% then it might counter the too-high refresh rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
are u sure the slowness is a cause of lav? it's the "same" with native(i have to encode the video in 60p to test it but the mhz still stays at 400) the card just stays at 400 mhz is not like amd is slow amd is simpling blocking the potential of the card when dxva is in used. at least that is what i see there.

but yeah there is nothing u can do about so i leave it at this maybe amd "fix" this...
I don't know about why the clock stays at 400. But apart from that it's a well known problem that AMD GPUs are notoriously slow with Copyback. It's less of a problem with 7xxx generation GPUs and with integrated CPU/GPU, but with older dedicated GPUs it definitely is a problem.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote