View Single Post
Old 5th December 2012, 14:16   #15988  |  Link
pie1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Yeah, that might be a possibility. It's a bit sad, though, to let DXVA do all the heavy lifting to create those nicely deinterlaced frames, just to throw them away again...
If I don't turn on frame-rate-doubling deinterlace, the 1440x1080i25/i30 & 1920x1080i25/i30 video presented by madVR + 1920x1080i25/i30 output signal obviously has something wrong. One field is always presented with the wrong contents. Anybody who has a native 1080i CRT / PDP HDTV can tell it.

Turn it on and still makes the GPU to send out 1920x1080i25/i30, this does not hurt the PQ (especially vertical resolution to me). For each frame, the deinterlaced field is actually never sent to TV.

About this I remembered long time ago when my HTPC was XP + 8800GTS, it worked fine. These MPEG2 HDTV contents can be sent to VMR9 with weaving option (no deinterlace) at 100% zooming case when the output signal is 1920x1080i25/i30. Of course the field-mode-scaling on Chroma components must be used to make a YUV/RGB 4:4:4 field image.

Just remembered such kinds of analysis were actually implemented on a product's deinterlacing engine designed by me long time ago. At that time, it needs to handle various NTSC / PAL / SDTV / HDTV input signal devices for interlaced contents. So a source interlaced video frame may not be actually deinterlaced on interlaced CRT/PDP. If video frame is deinterlaced and progressive signal is sent to such TV, the PQ is actually worse. But there are many combinations which need to be considered including source field order, output mode, scaling factor, pausing state, trick play, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
And colors are alright? FWIW, this way you only get 8bit YCbCr to RGB conversion with the current Intel drivers, unfortunately. I hope this will be fixed with a future Intel driver version. And yes, chroma upsampling is done by Intel/DXVA2 in this configuration, too.
At least it looks much closer if compared to the one produced by version 0.85.1 on ION chipset.

madVR 0.85.2 Luma - Bilinear

madVR 0.85.2 Luma - DXVA

madVR 0.85.1 Luma - DXVA

Last edited by pie1394; 5th December 2012 at 14:38.
pie1394 is offline   Reply With Quote