View Single Post
Old 10th October 2006, 12:47   #432  |  Link
zoinbergs

Dear neuron2,

I have working for hours trying to figure out the parameters to use for Telecide().

I know there's a riduculously easy answer to this question too.. of which I'm gonna hit myself upside the head for if you answer it! Hopefully you can give me a quick and dirty rundown? Thanks in advance if you can!

Okay so here's my problem:

I'm trying to phase shift a 25i clip, that has sections in it that were derived from film. It's a promotional video for a movie (that was released in 23.976p), and it was released in PAL @ 25i--phase shifted.

The previous encoder did a very good job to phase shift everything equally.. which means that I want to keep ALL the original frames, and simply match every field with the next one.. no matter what source it was derived from.

While using the default parameters for Telecide() I'm getting some mismatches, mostly in the film footage sections of the clip. Understandable I believe, since there was prolly some 24-->25 pulldown going on in the initial creation of the clip.

So I don't want Telecide to try and guess what progressive frames to restore (because it's trying to create 24fps again).. I just want a good old blind field matching and nothing more. Just every field with the next one.. consistently throughout the enitre clip.

Do you happen to know of the correct parameters I can set to achieve such results? I'm guessing that it's gotta do something with setting the pattern guidence to mode 2, and the gthresh to 0.0? Or have I got it backwards?

Here's what I need in terms of matching:

Original =

[.a][ab][bc][cd][de][ef][fg][gh][hi][....

Strictly & Consistently Shifted (throughout the entire clip):

[aa][bb][cc][dd][ee][ff][gg][hh][ii][....

No pattern to match other than perfectly phase shifted 25i. (I'm trying to get the FILM sections to undergo the same phase shifting, no matter what.)

Now I believe I wouldn't need any post-processing because the FILM footage that was used isn't interlaced. Actually, none of the clip is true interlaced material, I don't think. It's all just been phase shifted from an entirely progressive source. There's no patterns needing to be matched, nothing.

Also, I'm a little confused about dthresh and vthresh. If I am correct, dthresh picks out the interlaced frames of the clip for use in post-processing, and vthresh decides how much of those picked frames to deinterlace after that?

Thank you SO MUCH for any help you may be able to provide me! I'm trying my best to understand your tutorials and guides (which has gotten me incredibly far too by the way..... I think I've just hit a small road block with this clip, that's all.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
William

Last edited by zoinbergs; 11th October 2006 at 04:23.
zoinbergs is offline   Reply With Quote