View Single Post
Old 8th October 2006, 05:40   #427  |  Link
zoinbergs

Quote:
Is there some good reason to upgrade from TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.xx to 2.1.xx, support for subtitles perhaps?
I use v2.1.9.90 for the FANTASTIC menu navigation features. I arrange pretty weird menus for my DVDs, and in v1.6 it doesn't show how each button is accessed (using left-right-up-down buttons).. and too many times have I created orphan buttons that can't be accessed with a remote!

Fortunately v2 has the layer to show arrows (backward and forward) from each button to the next, completely eliminating such a problem. I simply arrange my buttons based on the arrows.

I'm not sure about subtitle support, but I'll look into it for ya!

Quote:
Also, if you use DGPulldown to convert a 23.976 file to a 29.97 file, does TDA still crash? Or is it just the flagging from PAL to NTSC that does it?
I haven't tried 23.976-->29.97 yet, as I have not been in contact with true film footage for awhile.

Actually, I take that back. I have some film footage that already has the flags in it (from the producers)... does anybody know a quick and easy way to strip these flags off so I can add them via DGPulldown? That'll give me a sample to try with TDA2.1 then.

I hope it's only my system that may have this incompatibility issue, but I doubt it.. I am a freak when it comes to perfectly running PC systems. I very rarely run into any sort of problems.

I've contacted TMPGEnc for any light they may be able to shed on the situation, but I haven't received any e-mail back yet.
zoinbergs is offline   Reply With Quote