View Single Post
Old 12th November 2009, 13:56   #6  |  Link
TwoToad

Why do you use the iPod profile instead of the iPod5.5 profile? The 5.5 profile supports a max of 1500 bitrate, but I'm not sure what the regular iPod profile can support.

I encode for iPod all the time, I'm not sure if I'm good at explaining though... I'll try...

1st I change the 5.5G profile to have a bitrate of 1500... For the audio profile I use Nero AAC: NDAAC - iPod - Good and change it to Constant Bitrate @ 128kps. (I also check the Apply Dynamic Range Compression box to increase the volume)

When making the Avisynth script, if the movie is animorphic I check the Clever anamorphic encoding to resize to mod 16. Crop. Resize down to 640 x ??? (as long as the first number is 640 you are ok). Do anything else you need to in the script (deinterlace, filters, etc...)

So back at the main screen of megui, make sure your avs is loaded, use the iPod 5.5G settings, load your audio and use the iPod Good settings.

Then I hit AutoEncode, select MP4, then in the Device drop down box I select iPod, then select No Target Size and finally click Queue...

After the encode is finished, I've discovered that MeGUI forgets to pass to mp4box the correct aspect ratio for anamorphic videos and so I end up re-muxing with YAMB to set the aspect ratio back to 16:9...

Anyway, thats just what I do to make them work.

I have in the past been able to add chapters and soft subtitles, but I've found that those only work with the iPod Touch/iPhone (and not on my iPod 5.5G)
TwoToad is offline   Reply With Quote