View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 08:53   #1219  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post

Can't say I can recommend using it with VfW, as the buffering isn't going to work at all due to the way VfW works - you can't refuse to give an output frame back when VfW hands you an input frame, or return more than one frame at a time, which is how buffering and inserting/removing frame works in DirectShow.

This means you can't really use filters that change the number of frames in the stream, like bobbers and decimation - pure spatial filtering without buffering should still work, although I haven't tested it lately. Just buffering ahead/back probably works as well, but the video will be delayed by a number of frames equal to the buffer ahead setting, and the same number of frames will be then missing at the end.

Then again, when using VfW for encoding it's better to use AviSynth directly anyway, if at all possible.
Note: I'd edited my comment about vfw i.e. sort of got it to work with 25p (mode=0) output, but not 50p (mode=1). Thanks for the explanation.

For vfw I do normally use AVIsynth directly; I was just intrigued by the query posted by thiseas:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...056#post999056

i.e. the notion of being able to just drop a DV source into VDub, without loading it into a script.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote