rica

How to config ffdshow/LAV and reclock for HD audio,

Last edited on: twenty-ninth of October 2011:

LAV Filters+ReClock Bitexact streaming via MPC-HC:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...20#post1534720

Previous edit:thirtieth of May 2010: Solveig mkv Splitter usage in MPC-HC

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...36#post1403836[/COLOR]

Hi guys,

I've decided to open a new thread to show how to config ffdshow and reclock on MPC-HC otherwise it might be lost amongs the other posts.

So the aim is to get LPCM passthrough and to get bitstreaming for the other lossy, lossless SD and HD audio formats over ffdshow.

After the configuration you will get:

LPCM,
Flac, THD,
DTSHD-MA,
DD+ (haven't checked yet so not sure for now)
DTSHD-HR,
DD,
DTS.

In none of those cases, Window's mixer will not interfere at all.

What we need:

ReClock 1.8.6.7
ffdshow rev 3351
MadFlac
MPC-HC 1779 x86
DX enduser runtime

Caution: Install ffdshow and reclock and MadFlac before MPC-HC. If you change ffdshow or reclock version by time first uninstall MPC and reinstall it after the installation of the others.

Here is my config:

Vista32/Ati5770 over HDMI to my Denon 1910.(with tully's override)

Seven64/Ati 5770 over HDMI to my Denon.(with tully's override)

Seven64/Clarkdale(i3 540/H55) over HDMI to my Denon.

nVidia 9600GT+(i3 540/H55) combo over HDMI to my Denon.

Ati 5*** series users: i'd advise you not to use Realtek but original Ati drivers.

For Denon, Sony or some Onkyo owners may need tully's override with their Ati cards:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18138259

Clarkdale owners wouldn't need any override btw.

Even i don't have a Xonar card, it is reported it's working with ArcSoft Audio Renderer.

FOR VISTA USERS: Install and register MPC-Audio Renderer. MPC-HC is gonna use this renderer on bitstreaming. All the setup is the same as 7 btw.

Here we go:

MPC-HC Config:

FfdShow Config: (Thanks to albain lots of times)

ffdshow > Codec:

Leave the default setup as is except flac. If you want to use MadFlac decoder, select flac > disabled.

ffdshow > output:

You should only change "Output for uncompressed or decoded streams" option while PCM streaming (if it's inside an m2ts container) in according to the source file (16 or 24 bits). For bitstreaming you don't need to re-config anything at all.
BTW, you don't need to change the bitrate of the audio everytime when you are able to connect it directly to ReClock; since ReClock automatically selects what the source file is but you may need Haali this time (Cause Gabest needs an additional LPCM decoder) if it is inside an m2ts container.
In this case just untick "MPEG ts/ps/pva" option under "internal filters" of MPC-HC and Haali will be automatically selected.

ReClock config: (Thanks to James indeed)

ReClock config for bitstreaming:

Over Direct Sound: (Bitstream without ReClock)

In this case, ReClock doesn't interfare in bitstreaming.

You should adjust "advanced settings" like this:

Audio Settings:

Over WASAPI Exclusive or WaveOut: (Bitstream with ReClock)

In this case ReClock does bitstreaming via WASAPI or WaveOut.

You should adjust "advanced settings" for both like this:

Audio Settings:

via WASAPI:

via WaveOut:

WASAPI in operate:

WaveOut in operate:

ReClock config for streaming PCM or FLAC:

Over WASAPI Exclusive: (Streaming or bitexact streaming with ReClock)

Offline Config:

Inline Config:

Non-bitexact streaming:

Leave ReClock properties as is and in this case molested PCM/Flac streaming by ReClock will be trasmitted to your AVR without 7/Vista mixer's interfaring.
This is a WASAPI Exclusive mode for sure but it is not bitexact. (ReClock icon is green)

Bitexact streaming:

Config inline properties of ReClock and "select original speed", "locked" and "slave reference to audio".
In this case, ReClock transmits unmolasted decoded pcm/flac stream to your AVR. And this is gonna WASAPI exclusive-bitexact(bitperfect) mode. (ReClock icon is yellow)

LPCM bitperfect streaming over ReClock -inside m2ts or mkv-:

16 bit LPCM bitperfect streaming :

24 bit LPCM bitperfect streaming :

Flac bitperfect streaming over ReClock:

Flac, even it is a lossless format, can not be streamed as bitstream since none of the commercial AVRs can decode (or lets say uncomppress) it.
So flac inside an mkv container is decoded in PC by Madflac and we get bitperfect streaming over Reclock.

Bitstreaming dtshd, thd -inside m2ts or mkv-:

m2ts:

mkv:

Comparison of Haali with Gabest's MPEG or Matroska Source:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...97#post1382497

m2ts with Gabest:

LPCM:

Gabest MPEG Source needs a decoder like ffdshow or internal LPCM decoder.

THD:
It can bitstream over ffdshow.

DTSHD:

m2ts with Haali:

LPCM:
Haali will be directly linked to ReClock and stream the audio. It doesn't need any additional LPCM decder.

THD:
It can transfer only core ac3.

DTSHD:
No audio output at all.

mkv with Gabest:

LPCM:
LPCM works with ReClock directly without an additional decoder.

THD:

DTSHD:

mkv with Haali:

LPCM:
Haali will be directly linked to ReClock and stream the audio. It doesn't need any additional LPCM decoder.

THD:
Gives blue light and no problem in bitsreaming THD inside mkv.

DTSHD:
Gives blue light but it's problematic: lots of drop-outs in video and audio.

EDIT: So as to clarify the confusion;

Formats:

Uncompressed LPCM: this is the pure audio uncompressed.
Lossless FLAC, THD and DTSHD-MA: Those are similar to zipped uncompreesed audio; there is no loss when they are unzipped. Those are lossless HD formats.
Lossy DD+ and DTSHD-HR: those are lossy compressed HD audio formats.
Lossy DD and DTS: those are compressed SD audio formats.

ReClocK:

Normally ReClock, by it's author James has been constucted to PAL speedup of NTSC films.
But by time James was forced to apply WASAPI exlusive mode to ReClock Audio Renderer (i must admit it was me one of those who forced him to do this, thx James one more time)
So ReClock has been using almost for a year as a WASAPI renderer as well, as it is adjusted right.
ReClock send PCM to Windows mixer when it is used for PAL speedup or NTSC slowdown reasons.
Or ReClock send touched PCM stream directly to your AVR over HDMI (WASAPI exclusive mode) when it's used for passthrough stream.
Or ReClock transmits unmolested PCM /flac stream directly over HDMI (WASAPI exclusive bitexact mode) when it's used for passthrough unmolested stream. (bitexact-bitperfect)

FfdShow Tryouts by Albain:

Albain has been trying to get the best results in bitstreaming of lossless and lossy HD-SD formats for months; thanks a lot to him for his hard work.
FFDShow tryouts by Albain gives us free bitstreaming via both Ati 5*** series and Xonar cards and Clarkdale.
Ffdshow directly pass undecoded bitstream to your AVR to be decoded over there. So the quality is up to your AVR's decoder capability which is supposed to be better than any SW decoder.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Attached Files
File Type: txt backup ffdshow+reclock.txt (5.4 KB, 589 views)
File Type: txt current.txt (8.3 KB, 243 views)
File Type: txt current_latest_0425.txt (9.5 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by rica; 4th November 2011 at 22:54. Reason: test with Lav Filters.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote