View Single Post
Old 29th January 2011, 20:02   #194  |  Link
-Vit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkiller View Post
...there is something odd I noticed: whenever I use any of the lossless modes, especially without SourceMatch (SourceMatch=0) I pretty much always have combing left in the output.
Some of what you say doesn't surprise me - it's a very intricate script now and I may have overlooked some combinations of settings. However, I don't get more combing with "fake" lossless than "true", the only difference between those modes is when they occur in the script, before or after the final smooth. Still, I'll have a look at the rep modes and see what I find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC-Fan View Post
Visual C++ runtime error
I listed the range of things that causes stability issues a couple of posts above. I also posted some notes on performance and MT use. One other important thing I note in the OP is using the right version of AviSynth. I can only get extended stability with SEt's 2.6MT. Make sure all your other plugins are up to date too. A SetMemoryMax of 512 should be OK for Preset="Slow" alone (provided your overall RAM is not low), but maybe tweaking it might help. Sometimes it needs to be lowered.

If you do get it stable, try tweaking the thread-count as described in that overview I mentioned. You may get better speeds with more or less threads.