View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:31   #8  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
I'm sure this old hack (VFAPIConv) doesn't work with 64-bit, but other than that, are there other advantages of the approach described in the original post?
I was going to ask the same question. After discovering this thread I did a couple of tests comparing VFAPI and avs2avi. Speed is pretty much the same (on my ancient machine). One difference is that MPC-HC consistently crashes when I try to open an AVI created with avs2avi with it. AVIs created with VFAPI open fine in MPC-HC. VLC does not open both kinds of AVIs.

One more thing about avs2avi is that it does not uninstall correctly. It leaves the shell extension for avs files in place, you have to edit the registry to get rid of it.

AviSynth Virtual File System is way slower on my system than the other two tools. But it also is much more compatible with other applications. VLC has no problems with its AVIs. When I tried to mux a second audio track into these AVIs I got quite disappointed, though. AVI-MUX GUI would not do it at all, and trying to do it with VDubMod took forever (DirectStreamCopy for Audio and Video).

I will probably stick to VFAPI...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote